Brunswick Stew with Chicken and Pork
Leftover barbecue and chicken enrich this classic Southern stew.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Vicki Ownby, a certified Kansas City Barbeque Society master judge from Sevierville, Tenn. Vicki uses leftover barbecue in this dish. We found it perfect with leftover Kalua Pork and rotisserie chicken.
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 8 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cup Chopped Cooked Chicken
- 3 cup Shredded Roast Pork
- or 3 cup Pulled Pork
- 1 Onion
- 28 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 28 oz Canned Creamed Corn
- 28 oz Canned Corn
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 T Butter
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Combine potatoes and broth in a Dutch oven or stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook 20 minutes.