Beef and Black Bean Burgers
Canned black beans + lean ground beef = one delicious lower-fat burger.
Veggie burgers often are too tender for the grill. Here’s a happy compromise: Add a can of black beans to lean ground beef for a burger that’s lower in fat and calories. Garnish the burgers with your favorite chunky-style salsa.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place drained beans in a large bowl and mash beans with a potato masher. Add beef, onion, chili powder, cumin oregano, salt and pepper; mix to combine. Shape into 4 burgers and grill, broil or pan-fry until thoroughly cooked. Place burgers on buns and serve.