Shrimp, Spinach, Tomato and Goat Cheese Frittata
Perfect for breakfast or dinner, this frittata is a dish your kids will love.
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or diced canned tomatoes
- 1 dash Ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 large shrimp (16 to 20 count), sliced in half crosswise
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, Ancho chili powder and chopped basil. Add Â¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil. Season shrimp with remaining Â¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. When oil is hot, place shrimp in pan and sautÃ© 1 minute. Add shallot and sautÃ© 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread shrimp and spinach mixture evenly in skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Use a spatula to lift shrimp and spinach mixture, allowing egg mixture to flow underneath. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. Once the frittata is set on the bottom, transfer to oven and bake 13 to 15 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges.