This bean-based salsa is a hit at parties.
With its sprightly, fresh taste, this salsa is perfect with chips or as a side to chicken, beef or eggs.
- 1 can black-eye peas (15-ounce), drained
- 1 can black beans (15-ounce), drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15-ounce), drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (.7-ounce) dry Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine first 11 ingredients (peas through seasoning) in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Combine dressing mix, oil and vinegar. Pour over pea mixture. Stir well. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.