Winter Spice Cakes
Make these Winter Spice Cakes in a standard Bundt pan or in individual serving-size Bundlettes.
We love these individual "Bundtlettes," but you can use a full-size Bundt pan and bake the cake at 325F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. You can also use large muffin cups or a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease 16 (6-ounce) mini-Bundt pan cups or large muffin cups.
- Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a wire whisk until thick and opaque. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; blend well. Add apple and brandy all at once; stir until apples are evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester or wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- While cakes are baking, make glaze: Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in sugars. Add brandy and cream; stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Pour glaze over warm cakes just before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.