Chimichurri, a Central-American version of pesto adds fresh and zippy flavor to grilled steak or chicken.
Chimichurri has as many renditions as there are cooks. Use it as a marinade, basting sauce or condiment for grilled steak or chicken.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place garlic in food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add cilantro, parsley, onion, vinegar, oregano and pepper flakes. Add olive oil in a thin stream and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week. Makes 1 cup.