Almond-flavored cream provides a base for this pear tart.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon ice water
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 -- egg
- 1 -- egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -- soft, ripe pears, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and cored
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare pastry, place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to blend. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water; pulse until ball barely forms. Gather into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough and place into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare frangipane, place butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Add almonds and blend. Add flour, cornstarch, egg and egg white. Process until smooth. Add vanilla and almond extracts; blend well.
- Spread frangipane in pastry. Slice each pear horizontally into ½ inch thick slices, but do not separate. Slide each pear half into frangipane, nestling into mixture. Press, spreading the pear slices slightly. Bake about 40 minutes, until frangipane is puffy and golden.