Raspberry Mousse Tart
This creamy, sweet tart boasts an almond meal crust and the season's best raspberries.
You can find almond meal from Bob’s Red Mill in the grains aisle of the supermarket.
- 2 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine almond meal, granulated sugar, vanilla and almond extract in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined. Add egg yolks, one at a time, and process until a smooth dough forms. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly golden-brown. Cool.
- Combine 2 cups berries and ¼ cup powdered sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until pureed. Press through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Whip cream in a large mixing bowl until thickened and firm. Beat in remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar. Fold berry mixture thoroughly into whipped cream mixture. Spoon into tart shell. Top with remaining 2 cups berries. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.