Lemon Pudding Cake
An ooey-gooey citrus dessert that's part cake and part pudding.
This recipe from Glenda Barber of St. James, Mo., yields a light cake layer over a rich lemon pudding. It is wonderful served warm or cold with fresh berries or a raspberry sauce. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice in this yummy dessert.
- 3 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Fresh raspberries
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or a 6-cup soufflé dish.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Separate eggs yolks and whites. Add yolks to butter mixture and beat well. Add lemon juice, salt and flour; beat well. Add milk; stir until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes if the top gets too brown. Serve warm or chilled with berries. Serves 6.