Kory's Carrot Cake
A three-layered carrot cake with luscious white chocolate cream cheese icing.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 20 ounce carrots, finely chopped (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 1/2 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Chopped walnuts, for garnish
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare cake, preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of three 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Leave sides of pan dry—no cooking spray needed.
- Combine eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat 2 minutes with a mixer on medium speed. Add 1 cup sugar and continue mixing 2 minutes. Add remaining sugar and mix 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (flour through nutmeg); add to egg mixture, beating on low speed until blended, about 1 minute. Add carrots, walnuts and pineapple; mix until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Run knife around edge of cakes and remove from pans. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare icing, place cream cheese in mixing bowl; beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add melted chocolate a little at a time, continuing to beat at medium speed. Add butter a little at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl; add lemon rind and beat until combined.
- Remove cakes from refrigerator. Ice top of one layer. Place second layer on top; ice top. Place third layer on top; ice top and sides of cake. Press chopped walnuts into sides of cake. Serves 16.