King's Arms Tavern Cream of Peanut Soup
So good and so rich, this soup is a Virginia classic.
This version of peanut soup is adapted from the King's Arms Tavern in Williamsburg. This soup is also good served ice cold.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 quart reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup light cream
- Peanuts, chopped optional
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Melt butter in a skillet; add onion and celery and saute until soft, but not brown. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add chicken broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add peanut butter, salt and cream, stirring to blend thoroughly. Do not boil. Serve garnished with peanuts.