Chicken and Zucchini Couscous Casserole
Upgrade your go-to chicken casserole with the additions of summer zucchini and hearty couscous.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cup sliced zucchini (¼-inch thick)
- 2 cup couscous (like Near East)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cup cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6-oz) jar Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat a large skillet over medium and add 1/3 cup olive oil. Beat egg in a small bowl. Pour flour onto a small plate.
- Dip zucchini slices first in egg, then in flour, then cook in oil until browned on both sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-qt shallow baking pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Pour couscous into pan and cover with chicken broth.
- Combine chicken and pesto in a bowl and toss to coat. Place chicken in an even layer over couscous. Top with mozzarella. Add zucchini in an even layer. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Top with chopped basil leaves, if using.