Healthy Pumpkin Bread!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice or cloves)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren’t the same!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Totally optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit...
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate