Apple Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 medium-to-large apples (I used 2 Granny Smiths and 1 Honeycrisp), cored and sliced into 1-to-2" chunks
- 4 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Maple syrup or honey, to taste (optional)
- Optional toppings: swirl of nut butter (pecan butter, almond butter or peanut butter), toasted pecans or pepitas, chopped fresh apples, dried cranberries, drizzle of additional maple syrup or honey, light sprinkle of ground cinnamon...
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate