Healthy Banana Bread!
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high quality vegetable oil*
- 1/2 cup honey (168 grams) or maple syrup (155 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 grams) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 1/2 medium or 2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren't the same!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups (220 grams) white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour**
- Totally optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices...
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate