Homemade Stove Top Pizza and Calzone
- See Recipe for Best Pizza Dough link at bottom of Post
- FOR THE TOPPING (for each Pizza or Calzone)
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 10 mini Roma (seeding and quartered, or half of a can of chopped tomatoes nothing added)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated firm mozzarella (I probably used more we like cheese) or more if desired
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped pancetta if desired
- cup *1/4 cooked mushroom slices 1/2 - 1 pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan (I added this only to the Calzone)
- *I sautéed the mushrooms and chopped peppers with a little olive oil, oregano, salt parsley and a little water, cook on medium heat until water has evaporated and mushrooms and peppers are lightly browned.
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at An Italian in my Kitchen