Italian Sausage Stuffing
- 16 oz JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Onion
- ½ cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 12 cup Bread Stuffing Cubes, Unseasoned
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T Minced Basil
- or 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Chopped Sage
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Eggs
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until browned and fully cooked.
- Remove from skillet; set aside. In the same skillet, melt butter.
- Add the celery, onion, pepper and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the cubed stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese and seasonings.
- Add broth and eggs; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and 160°F.