- 16 oz JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 43½ oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper and Onion
- 32 oz Canned Kidney Beans
- 14.5 oz Beef Broth
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- 1 Green Onion Bunch (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a large saucepan, cook and crumble sausage and beef over medium heat until browned and fully cooked; about 7-10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.