Traditional Chicken Stroganoff can be made dairy-free when using Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Almondmilk. Onions and mushrooms are cooked in a creamy homemade sauce and combined with chicken and egg noodles, creating a warm and comforting meal that is ready in less than 1 hour.
- 16 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Combine minced garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise; pound until even in thickness and season on both sides with garlic mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add chicken to the hot oil. Sear chicken for 2 minutes per side and turn heat down to medium and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken from skillet to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to the same skillet; cook and stir onion and mushrooms in the hot oil until onion is tender and mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic to onion-mushroom mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk flour quickly into onion-mushroom mixture until dissolved. Add chicken broth, almond milk, and Worchershire sauce and whisk until evenly combined. Reduce heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken to the sauce and cook until chicken is reheated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked egg noodles.