Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Simple butter chicken made in the slow cooker is transformed into a reduced-dairy version when using almond milk instead of cream. This classic Indian dish is best served with rice and will make your house warm and full of spiced aromas.
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs; washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large sweet onion; diced
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 oz); drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can of chopped green chiles (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Cilantro; for garnish
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Brown the chicken on the stove (in butter or olive oil) for about 10 minutes, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is browning, add the onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, tomato paste, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Top the slow cooker ingredients with the browned chicken and stir well. Season with salt and pepper before covering.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the almond milk and butter, then garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy over rice or sautéed veggies!