- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cilantro from 1 large bunch
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk or Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium Dutch oven or oven-proof skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper generously over all the chicken, then place the pieces, skin side down, in the pot. Don’t crowd the pot, so if you need to cook in two batches, do that instead. Be patient, and cook until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and cook for another 2 to 3. Transfer all the chicken to a plate (or the first batch, in which case now cook the second). Set the chicken aside when you’re done browning all of it.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the onions to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Stir in most of the cilantro, the ground coriander, the cinnamon stick, the raisins, and the Almond Breeze almond milk. Season with a little more salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Arrange the chicken neatly back in the pot, keeping the skin side up. Transfer to the oven (you don’t need to cover the pot). Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Remove the cinnamon stick as you serve. Garnish each portion with the rest of the cilantro.