Summer Wheatberry Salad
Nutty, chewy, earthy wheatberries (farro) make a terrific base for a summer grain salad, this one featuring three farmstand favorites.
Add toasted almonds, fresh mint and a lemony vinaigrette, and you’ve got a fresh, new summer side.
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 3/4 cup shaved corn kernels (2 medium ears)
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add wheatberries; cook until tender but still chewy, 15 to 18 minutes. Add corn kernels; cook 2 minutes more. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain well again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic in a small bowl. Add to wheatberries, along with tomatoes, peaches, green onions and mint; toss well to combine. Toss in almonds just before serving.