Chinese Chicken and Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
A main-dish salad featuring a hearty Asian-inspired blend of ingredients.
Look for Chinese egg noodles in the international section of the supermarket, or use two packages of ramen noodles, discarding the seasoning packets. A basic creamy processed peanut butter (like Jif or Skippy) works best here.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounce Chinese egg noodles
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 ounce Romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced ¼-inch-thick
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander and let cool.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stack Romaine lettuce leaves. Roll up into a long cylinder (like a cigar). Slice across the roll to form thin strips.
- Toss noodles with chicken and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions and lettuce; toss to combine well.