Chinese Chicken and Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
A main-dish salad featuring a hearty Asian-inspired blend of ingredients.
Look for Chinese egg noodles in the international section of the supermarket, or use two packages of ramen noodles, discarding the seasoning packets. A basic creamy processed peanut butter (like Jif or Skippy) works best here.
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 6 oz Chinese Egg Noodles
- ⅓ cup Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1½ T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1½ T Dry Sherry
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 1½ T Sugar
- 5 oz Romaine Lettuce Head
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Diced Cucumber
- 6 Green Onions
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander and let cool.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stack Romaine lettuce leaves. Roll up into a long cylinder (like a cigar). Slice across the roll to form thin strips.
- Toss noodles with chicken and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions and lettuce; toss to combine well.