Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mini Spinach Salads
Caribbean spiced shrimp served up on a bed of succulent summer greens.
Look for the Jamaican jerk or Latin seasoning in the spice section of the supermarket. Serve as an appetizer or entrée.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Latin seasoning or Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound large shrimp (20 count), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 4 cup baby spinach and/or watercress
- 1 large orange
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup purchased balsamic vinaigrette
- 10 (5-6 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine oil, seasoning, lime juice and shrimp in a heavy plastic bag. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate up to 4 hours).
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Peel orange with a knife so very little of the white pith remains; slice vertically and quarter slices. Add orange pieces, red bell pepper, avocado and green onions to spinach. Add vinaigrette; toss well to coat.
- Prepare grill. Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, until just thoroughly cooked and opaque in color (take care not to overcook).
- Divide spinach mixture among 10 appetizer plates. Sprinkle with orange peel and goat cheese. Top each with 1 shrimp skewer. Drizzle with a little more vinaigrette, if desired.