Monte Cristo Cornbread Skillet Supper
Cheesy and rich, this one-dish meal is reminiscent of the classic deli sandwich.
- 1 (7-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon honey mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, except bake in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet. (Cornbread will be thin.) Remove from skillet; cool and cut into cubes. Wipe out skillet with paper towels; grease generously.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place cornbread cubes in skillet. Top with turkey, ham and shredded cheese. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour evenly over meat and cheese. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Warm currant jelly slightly to melt. Add 1 tablespoon honey mustard; whisk to blend.
- Remove skillet from oven. Cut in wedges, sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with currant jelly and mustard sauce