Blueberry Sundaes with Cantaloupe
A fruity sundae built on sorbet instead of ice cream.
Sure, sundaes are terrific with ice cream, but be adventurous and try some of the new sorbet and sherbet flavors. We liked these with Mamey or other fruit-flavored sherbet. To keep the sundaes cold longer, places glasses of cantaloupe in freezer an hour before assembling and serving the sundaes.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 cup blueberries
- 4 cup bite-size cantaloupe chunks
- 2 cup mamey sherbet or mango sorbet
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add blueberries and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thick. Cool.
- Spoon cantaloupe into stemmed glasses, top with sherbet, blueberry sauce and blueberries.