Cheesecake in a Jar
Serve these simple, mousse-like cheesecakes in small canning jars for an adorable dessert.
Baking cheesecakes in a water bath tempers the heat, keeping the cheesecakes creamy.
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and fluffy, about 6 minutes. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into 18 (4-ounce) jam jars, about 1/2 cup per jar. Place in large baking pans. Place pans on oven rack. Using a large measuring cup, pour water into baking pans until it reaches halfway up the side of the jars. Cover baking pan with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers are almost set. Let cool completely. For best results, refrigerate 4 hours.
- Top with fresh fruit of your choice.