Silken Chocolate Pie with Vegan Chocolate Crust
Smooth, creamy and luscious, this pie belies its tofu base.
To make this pie completely vegan, substitute agave syrup for the honey in the filling.
- 16 to 18 Nabisco Teddy Grahams
- 2 to 3 tablespoon melted margarine
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (like Ghiradelli 60%)
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueuer (like Kahlua)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) block silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make crust, place graham cookies in a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs. Combine with melted margarine and press into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool before filling.
- To make filling, melt chocolate chips and liqueur in double boiler or microwave. Stir in vanilla. Combine tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth and liquefied.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate 2 hours or until filling is set.