Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Full of vibrant colors and flavors, this healthy dish is hearty enough to serve as a vegetarian entree.
Prepare this salad ahead of time and serve chilled or room temperature.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Place in a large serving bowl and let cool.
- Add beans, corn, bell pepper and jalapeno and toss well.
- Combine lime juice, cumin, salt and chili powder in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and then whisk in half the cilantro. Pour dressing over the salad; toss well. Sprinkle remaining cilantro on top before serving.