Fresh Blackberry Ice Cream
Midsummer is the perfect time to indulge in a blackberry-laden treat.
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, washed and pureed
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and sugar until dissolved. Then stir in half-and-half, vanilla bean paste, heavy cream and pureed blackberries. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour, but overnight works too.
- Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Serve "soft" or freeze until serving time. Makes approximately 2 quarts.