Chocolate Pecan Pie
A simple spin on pecan pie—laced with plenty of chocolate.
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) piecrust, prebaked
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm, prebaked crust. When melted, spread evenly.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over chocolate. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Place a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil over rim if it starts getting too brown.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool to room temperature before serving. Or chill, then serve. Serves 10.