Soba Noodles with Almond Butter
An eclectic but delicious meld of flavors, this recipe is an easy way to dress up Japanese soba noodles.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 8 ounce hot cooked soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 red jalapeno or Fresno chile, stemmed and seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour half the dressing over noodles and toss well. Add more dressing if desired. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over noodles. Toss once or twice. Serve at room temperature or chilled.