Lemon Mousse Cheesecake
Mousse-like cheesecake with a soft, creamy filling and kick of lemon flavor.
The water bath tempers the heat, creating the soft, creamy consistency. If you skip the water bath, the cheesecake will have a firmer, more traditional cheesecake texture.
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 40 vanilla wafers, crushed, or 8 graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 24 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- To prepare crust, combine all ingredients. Stir well and press into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour, egg yolks, lemon rind and juice; beat until smooth. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon batter. Pour batter into crust. Place pan in a large baking pan. Add water to baking pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake about 55 minutes, until cake is set but still jiggly in the center. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.