This fruitcake is just the right balance of sweet, moist, and crunchy.
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, such as dried cranberries, cherries, peaches, currants, raisins, apple or apricots
- 2 cup strong brewed Chai tea, chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped nuts
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Soak dried fruit in the chilled tea at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a Bundt pan or large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and egg together until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder and spices. Mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- Add tea-soaked fruit, orange rind, nuts, and all the tea left in the bowl. Stir until batter is wet throughout.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or let cool and wrap well to serve later.