Sacher Torte Squares
Incorporate cream cheese, chocolate and apricot jam into a boxed cake mix for an elegant dessert in a hurry.
- 1 (15-oz) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 cup (9 oz) dark or semisweet chocolate chips
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, place cake mix, butter, cream cheese and egg. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 2 to 3 minutes, stopping once to scrape down the bowl. Press dough into bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool on a rack. Spread cookies with apricot jam and drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until chocolate is firm. Let cool completely before cutting for the cleanest edges. Cut into 1-inch squares.