These are such a nice change from the usual baked or mashed potatoes, and your kids can peel off one little bite at a time.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice 1 potato crosswise, leaving about 1/2 inch at the bottom still attached. (Place pencils on each side of the potato when cutting to ensure that you don't slice all the way through.) Smear with butter/garlic mixture, carefully working it between the slices and coating all sides.
- Repeat for remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a nonstick baking sheet and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.