Double-Chocolate Mocha Meringue Kisses
A perfect little chocolate treat with a touch of espresso.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoon semisweet chocolate minichips
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Sift cocoa and espresso powder over egg white mixture; fold in. Fold in minichips.
- Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan; alternately fill a disposable pastry bag with batter and pipe a small amount (about 1 tablespoon of batter for each meringue) onto pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, reusing parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Makes 40 (1-inch) meringues.