This simple chicken dish makes a great weeknight supper.
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 pound chicken breasts, with bone and skin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, sliced or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spread onions and garlic evenly in the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan. Cut each chicken breast in half. Sprinkle chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side up, in pan. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red peppers and broth. Continue baking 35 to 40 minutes, basting chicken occasionally, until chicken juices run clear.