Cranberry Jalapeno Relish
A zippy, Southwestern-style complement to Thanksgiving turkey and dressing.
Make this relish a day ahead to allow the flavors to meld and the heat from the jalapeño to mellow. Or, for more heat, leave the pepper seeds in.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package cranberries
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add cranberries. Return to a boil; cook 10 minutes without stirring. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Dice the jalapeño peppers and green onions, then add the remaining ingredients and mix lightly. Refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.