Make rhubarb's tart flavor available all year with this simple relish.
This mellow chutney is perfect on top of softened brie cheese. It's also a great mate with grilled pork.
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 cup rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 black peppercorns
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place vinegar and sugar in a nonreactive saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add rhubarb and remaining ingredients to pan. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender and mixture thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool completely. Store in a glass jar or plastic storage container in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.