Roasted Broccoli, Red Pepper and Onion
The combination of roasted broccoli, sweet pepper and onion works well as a side dish with grilled fish, poultry or meat.
- 6 cup bite-size broccoli florets with short stems
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut vertically into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced vertically into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, red pepper, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle oil over top and mix with a large spoon.
- Transfer vegetables to a shallow baking pan and bake 20 minutes, mixing once, until broccoli is browned in spots and tender. Return vegetables to bowl; add lemon juice and mix gently.