Crustless Rice and Zucchini Pie
A simple, crustless quiche that makes the most of the zucchini crowding gardens and groceries this time of year.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and milk. Stir in rice, zucchini, parsley, salt, pepper and ½ cup cheese. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.