Pesto Veggie Rice Bowl
A healthy brown rice bowl, packed with fresh veggies and finished with a pesto-infused yogurt sauce.
- 2 tablespoon jarred pesto
- 4 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 8 ounce button mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 cup cooked brown rice (about 1/2 cup dry)
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Stir together 2 Tbsp jarred pesto, 4 Tbsp plain yogurt and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix 2 Tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash into wedges. Add to oil, along with mushrooms and asparagus, and toss to coat.
- Brush yellow onion wedges with oil and put into a grill basket. Cook about 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Add mushrooms to the grill basket.
- Place zucchini, yellow squash and asparagus on grill grates. Cook, turning often, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place 3 cups cooked rice in a large serving bowl and pile vegetables on top. Drizzle with pesto mixture.