Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
A quick and easy veggie appetizer, perfect for summer entertaining.
Be sure not to overcook the zucchini, or it will get too watery.
- 3 ounce chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices (discard the 2 end slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Carrot sticks (about 1/4 inch thinking 2 inches long)
- English cucumber sticks (about 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat grill to high.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave until softened, about 15 seconds.
- Brush both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill about 3 minutes, until grill marks begin to form. Flip and cook the other side about 3 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined baking sheet and blot tops with paper towels.
- Spread about 1 tsp cream cheese mixture down the length of the zucchini and top with a few carrot and cucumber sticks. Roll up zucchini.
- Stand upright on a platter. Refrigerate 30 minutes.