Turkey and Spinach Sloppy Joes
This healthier take on sloppy joes features ground turkey, protein-packed beans and fresh spinach—all served up on whole wheat buns.
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added navy beans
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion
- 2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 4 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 (8-oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- In a large skillet with a lid, cook turkey over medium-high heat until browned. Add carrot and spinach and stir until spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, mustard, ketchup and tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Spoon onto buns.