Maple and Pistachio Carrots
A savory-sweet, crunchy topping turns simple roasted carrots into a standout side dish.
This sweet, nutty topping is also delicious served over green beans or roasted cauliflower.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a plastic ziptop gallon-size bag, combine butter, maple syrup, pepper, salt, thyme and pistachios.
- Add carrots to bag and shake to coat. Arrange carrots on baking sheet, spooning any remaining maple mixture and pistachios over the top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until browned.