Toasted Sesame Hummus
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 1/2 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided, more to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon raw sesame seeds (I used a mix of white and black)
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- Suggested accompaniments: Toasted pita bread, carrot or bell pepper or celery sticks, crackers, etc.
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate