Coconut and Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust
A mixture of sweet potatoes and pumpkin fills this gingersnap crust.
Be sure to toast the coconut before sprinkling on top of the pie.
- 15 oz Canned Sweet Potatoes
- ¾ cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Allspice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 30 Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 T Sugar
- 4 T Butter
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare filling, combine mashed sweet potatoes, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the coconut flakes into the bottom of the cooled Gingersnap Crust. Gently pour pumpkin mixture over coconut. Bake on a baking sheet until the filling is just set, 60 to 65 minutes. (Note: If the crust around the edges of the pie begins to get too brown, loosely cover the edges with aluminum foil.)
- While pie bakes, place remaining 1/2 cup coconut in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Remove pie from oven and set on a wire rack. Immediately sprinkle with cooled toasted coconut and let pie to cool 1 hour. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cookies and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter and mix until well blended. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 5 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.