Coq au Vin Blanc
Fruity, white wine flavors the broth in this new take on a classic chicken dish.
Serve this savory dish with rice, noodles or roasted potatoes.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 4 oz Smoked Lean Deli Ham
- 8 Bone In, Skin On Chicken Thighs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- or 8 oz White Mushrooms
- 8 oz Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 cup White Wine
- 14 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- or ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Add ham and sauté 5 minutes. Remove.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Cook chicken in same pan until brown. Remove.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine, chicken broth, carrots, celery, thyme and reserved chicken and ham. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove cover; cook about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.