Grilled Thai Steak Noodle Bowl
Serve this room-temperature, easy-to-assemble supper throughout the summer.
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 rib-eye, strip loin or top sirloin steak (about 12 ounces)
- 1 (6-ounce) package vermicelli rice noodles (maifun)
- For Serving:
- 4 large green or red leaf lettuce leaves, separated, washed and dried
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin crescents
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, stemmed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, stemmed
- Sriricha or other hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To make dressing, combine fish sauce, lime juice, water, sugar, garlic, shallot and ginger in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Put steak in a shallow bowl, pour in 1/4 cup of dressing and marinate 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lift steak from marinade, pat dry and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into very thin strips.
- To serve, tear lettuce into the bottom of 4 bowls. Add noodles and add carrots, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Top with steak and dressing. Add a splash of sriricha, if using.